Hi there,
I am looking for a solution to have project related variables which I can use for workflow conditions.
Context = I provide Jira to different dev teams and projects. Until now, I was able to have two "standard" workflows for stories and bugs which fit everybody's need. Some of these teams and projects introduced an additional staging system to their DTAP street (e.g., Test, QA, Production). The workflow should align to these three steps and supports the collaboration of dev teams and tester by clarifying the responsibility.
It was easy to add new statuses which represent the responsibilities and can be used on Kanban boards. But here is the tricky part: Many teams and projects are using stories and bug, but only few have different DTAP instances so not every status is relevant for everybody. The workflow should be flexible and respect project internal policies at the same time. How can I
- introduce sth like project related variables
- use these variables within workflow conditions in order to have sth like "conditional conditions"

- allow a project admin to modifies these variables on their own.
I don't want to work with several forks of the story and bug workflows. Over time, these workflows grow to 17 statuses and 50 transitions. Working with project categories may work today. But I doubt that this solves future requirements.
Do you have any idea how to manage this?
Cheers,
Bernd