When I am editing a ticket in Service Desk, the Request Type drop down menu only shows one request type. I've created 3 request types. What am I doing wrong?
Hi Katherine,
Jira will only show you the request types that match to the issue type of the issue you are editing. If you need a different request type you will have to use more actions - Move to the issue type that matches to the request type.
Hope that helps
Susan
Thanks for responding Susan!
When the request is created, the request type defaults to None. However, the Default issue type should be Inquiry. So that's why I don't understand why there isn't a drop down where I can select which request type.
Hi,
Have you set up your request types? What does the request type configuration look like?
So if your issue type is "Inquiry" you can only select "General Support Request" as your request type.
Thanks so much for your help Susan!
I see what you are saying now. Thank you! Yes, that is the way it should work, However, the request comes in with no request type listed. However, it looks like it may be defaulting to Document Rendering. Why would it default to Document Rendering if I have Inquiry selected as my default? I'm guessing at this because the icon by the ticket number CSSD-196 is the same icon as Document Rendering. I would like the request type to default to Inquiry.
Thanks!!!!
Susan - I found out the problem and solution! We have backbone sync. I have a Jira instance and also a Service Desk instance. When I create a ticket in Jira it syncs to Service Desk. I had a set a default in that sync to a different request type. That's why all tickets coming into our Service Desk were Document Rendering. I reset the default in the backbone sync to Inquiry, and now it's working! I knew it had to be something easy.
Thanks again for all of your help!
Great news. I'm not familiar with backbone sync, but makes sense it was something like that. Please accept answer.
This whole issue type and request type is very counter-intuitive in my opinion.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.