With the v1 pages, I was able to put number/bullet lists inside the expand macro. I'm not able to do this with a v2 page.
@Carl Stewart
What do you mean by v2 page? Do you mean page created with new Confluence editor?
I am able to create number and bullet lists inside an expand macro using the new editor.
Are you getting any error at your end? What browser are you using? I tested on Chrome Version 79.0.3945.117 (Official Build) (64-bit).
Edit mode:
Published page:
I had put the expand macro in the cell of a table. I saw in the toolbar that the number and bullet lists buttons were greyed out as well.
You are right. This is due to a known limitation with the nested bodied macros inside other macros within the new editor. This is being tracked in this feature request: [CONFCLOUD-68323 Nest Expand or other Bodied Macros in another Macro|https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-68323].
For additional details, you can refer to our public documentation about the [Confluence Cloud Editor Roadmap|https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/confluence-cloud-editor-roadmap-967314556.html].
Don't try to push incomplete features until they are complete then.
Hello @Carl Stewart !I certainly understand your frustration when it comes to features we rely on. Looking at your situation, I was able to reliably replicate the issue every time I needed. With these results I raised a new Bug Report that points exactly into this. Here, take a look:
[Confluence Cloud] Nesting an Expand Macro inside a Table cell in the New Editor disables the option to insert both Numbered and Bulleted lists
Currently, the best course of action is to vote and watch this report. Voting increases the visibility of such issue and watching it will keep you up to date with everything posted there.
The last thing I have to tell you is that there is a workaround to this situation. It involves using the Legacy Editor (tinyMCE). With the old editor, as you have noted in your question, this procedure is possible.
You should be able to still use the Legacy Editor. If it is not available, you are able to request it, as explained here:
[Atlassian Community]Change to your content is in your hands
I hope this helps you, @[deleted] and anyone else who happens to fall into this thread! Let us know your thoughts on this.
I will continue to use the legacy editor for any pages I plan to add. I do not plan to move to the new editor until it is exactly the same as the legacy editor. That includes the way tables are handled with the buttons in the toolbar, the table position not being stretched to fill the page, and the ability to view the source and copy it to a new page.
@Carl Stewart How can I use the legacy editor over the v2?
This seems to answer that question:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-Cloud-questions/Roll-back-to-old-editor/qaq-p/1168182
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.