I'm new to Jira and following the LinkedIn Learning course "Learning Jira Software."
The problem occurs during the course in section 5 (Agile Planning: User Projects, Roadmaps, and Boards), video 4 (Scrum Boards),
Robert Anthony creates a new Scrum board from a search filter (that searches for everything). Then he creates a new Sprint from the button at the top left of the Backlog. He drags and drops a couple of tasks, and switches to the Active Sprints section. He notes that there's nothing there because he needs to click the "Start Sprint" button. He goes back to the backlog, re-adds the tasks, clicks "Start Sprint", and accepts the default settings.
He can see the tasks that he assigned to the sprint. I cannot. When I go back to the Backlog screen, the sprint does not have any tasks in it.
Youtube video of the problem here: https://youtu.be/m3DIwkh0XzM
I have
- recreated the Search Filter and subsequently recreated the board,
- recreated the Sprint multiple times,
- tried adding tasks to multiple sprints dragged in different task types
- (Epic, Story, Bug, Task...),
- tasks from Kanban and Scrum boards,
- created tasks from the Active Sprints page,
- refreshed the page,
- worked on a different computer,
- restarted my computer,
and every single time I leave the Backlog page of the board my sprints reset regardless of whether they are active or not. Every time I drag a task into the sprint, a notification pops up that says "Selection Successfully moved."
Is this supposed to happen? Why does it happen? How am I supposed to use Sprints?