I have an active user with site access that is no longer available in the "assignee" dropdown. I have been able to assign him to tasks for years, but suddenly he is no longer available on the "assignee" list. Please help.
This is an Atlassian incident: https://jira-core.status.atlassian.com/incidents/c55k71d89qyy
Hi Laura, for the project where this is occurring can you verify they are part of the project? How you do this depends on the type of project and whether on cloud/server but let me throw out this as a first attempt...
project settings > permissions
inspect the Assignable user permissions. is the user in any of the roles/groups listed?
Hi Mark,
Thanks so much for the quick response, this is so strange! I went into the project settings, but there is nothing about Permissions anywhere. Does our url to the site help determine if we are cloud or server?
Thanks so much in advance for your help.
Laura
Laura, first it is Jack not Mark ;-). Second you should not include your URL above as this is a public forum. Now on to your issue. It may be that you are on a Next-gen project. Can you share a screenshot of what you are seeing? If you are on the board view of the project do you see something like this...
Can you click on Project settings and choose Access of do you see Permissions?
Oh geeze, I was emailing with a Mark when I emailed you, sorry about that, Jack! Thanks again for helping me out. Attached are two screenshots. NOTE - I just checked with the employee who is missing on the "assignee" dropdown and he IS able to assign tasks to himself. However, I am not able to assign to him.
Thank you for letting me know!
The issue still exists after the recent Jira update to the nav. This is just for one user, weirdly and is super annoying and has not been adequately addressed at all.
I have an active user with site access that is no longer available in the "assignee" dropdown. I have been able to assign him to tasks for years, but suddenly he is no longer available on the "assignee" list or using @ in the comments sections. Could someone help? .
please create a new post and/or search the Community for similar issues.
This just started happening to me. We are on Jira SERVER 8.3.3 (yes, outdated, but might help others). This occurred after doing a Jira directory migration to move users from one AD server to another within the Jira AD migration tool Admin -> User Managment -> User Directories -> Migrate users from one directory to another.
Seems the migrated users were left in the old directory but deactivated, so I went through and deleted the users from old directory (Make sure old directory is higher up in precedence and delete the user; it will state they user is in multiple directories and will delete from the current one). I mass deleted them this way but from the REST API. Seem that this also deleted them from the drop down choice indexes? Rebuilding Jira indexes did not help.
The only known workaround for me is to deactivate users in the new directory (within JIRA) and reactivate them, then they show up. Going to script this through the REST api as I'm not doing this manually for 700+ users.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.