I'm our site admin. I just got this email notification from Confluence:
"Hi there,
User X just connected the Slack workspace ourspace.slack.com to your Confluence Cloud site oursite.atlassian.net/wiki.
This allows Confluence Cloud to:
- Send notifications about site activity to Slack channels in ourspace.slack.com
- Display information about pages, posts, and comments in those channels
- Interact with the content on your site on behalf of Confluence Cloud users in those channels
Other people in those Slack channels will be able to see notifications and information about pages, posts and comments, even if they aren't members of this site.
We'll never send notifications or display information in Slack about restricted content.
To turn off the Confluence Cloud for Slack app and disconnect all workspaces, click here."
I don't want to completely prevent our users from doing this, but I'm concerned about access. We use SSO for access to all Atlassian products, and the message above clearly states that content will be shared via Slack even with people who are not members of our site.
I don't want to force restrictions on all of our content, aside from what we already have - i.e. no anonymous access; viewing is allowed via the confluence-users group. Is that enough? Or will content be shared directly in Slack which, in Confluence, it's restricted to logged-in users? I do not have access to Slack myself to test this.