Hi, I would like to know if what I want to do will be possible.
Assume a single data source (database) for a 3 level cascading select field.
The first column would contain parent values (A, B, C, etc), the second would contain child values (A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, etc) and the third would be grandchild values. (A1a, B2b, etc)
Could I then:
1 - In a standard issue, have a multi-value select field that contains ONLY parent level items (A, B, C, etc) for parent tickets
2 - have a cascading selwect field in a sub-task that pulls from the same data source but for all levels, not just the first column dql
3 - craft an automation rule (using automation for Jira) that creates a new subtasks for every distinct value in the parent ticket, see step 1. The automation rule would need to set the parent value in the cascading field in the subtasks.