I have two separate Jira instances (on different physical servers/locations) and I would like to have the two fully synchronized on a weekly basis. These instances cannot be network connected, so I need to do manual file-based export/import of all projects bidirectionally.
The instances will have their own 'primary' projects, but will also need to collaborate on certain shared projects (e.g. project 1 below).
Instance A works on: Project 1, 2, 3 (not 4, 5)
Instance B works on: Project 4, 5, 1 (not 2, 3)
The majority of the time, they will be updating their own specific projects (2,3 + 4,5), but will occasionally each update project 1. Both instances need to see all combined projects.
Question 1: What is the best way to sync/copy the non-shared projects (2,3,4,5) between the two? Can I frequently export/import them on a regular basis?
Question 2: What will happen if both instances have made a change to the same task in a project during the in-between sync period (i.e. instance A marks Task1 as in progress, and instance B updates Task1's description or adds a comment)?
This question is the same for BitBucket and Confluence. If the answer here is positive, I'll re-post in the respective topics.