Hi,
I've just rolled out Jira Service Desk within our organisation and have found another problem that I can't work out how to resolve.
Specifically, I want to automatically change the Request Type when an Issue Type is changed.
I'm using:
- 'Jira Misc Workflow Extensions' (JMWE) to automatically create a linked issue for when we need to send a Jira Service Desk ticket to our Development team.
- 'Extension for Jira Service Desk Cloud' to allow the Linked Issue (link) to be seen in the Jira Service Desk customer Portal, so our colleagues can see when their issue has been sent to another department, and hence have visibility of the linked issue.
However, although I can change to the correct linked Issue Type using JMWE, in doing so it clears the Request Type, which then doesn't allow the Linked Issue (link) to be seen in the customer portal.
At the moment I'm having to ask our support guys to manually update the Request Type as a workaround.
I've looked into using JMWE and 'Automation for Jira', but neither seem to be able to do what I need:
- JMWE - doesn't allow the Request Type to be set (in a post function automation) - it just isn't available in the dropdown.
- 'Automation for Jira' - feeds back a warning:
"Sorry, but changing the Customer Request Type is currently not possible, since Jira Service Desk does not provide an API for this":

I'd really appreciate any help to automate changing the Request Type.
Thanks.