Which 'denomination', or combination of, do I use. Out of Epics, Stories and sub-tasks.
When I have 2 stoies in a sprint, the Burndown chart only changes towards the end as the stories are set to "Done". I wish to split these stories in to smaller parts. It seems sub-taks don't have story points that are rolled up tp the story total (correct?). And Epics (with sub-stories) are probably too big for just one sprint (acording to Scrum guidelines). Any recomendations so I can track the burndown in smaller increments? Work is being done daily and 'jobs' finished, or rather features are ready to ready to release.
Another example, if there is one story in a sprint with 20 sub-tasks, the burndown chart only tracks when the story is set to "Done" not each of the sub-taks. Although there may be a sub-task completed daily.
I am favouring making the stories in to epics, and having sub-stories.
What is your advice?
Thank you.