I have project ABC with key ABC. My users would like to retain the info in this project, but have a new project by that name and with that key. I renamed the project to ABC-OLD and renamed the key ABCOLD on the details page. This worked fine; the key shows as ABCOLD-1 and would allow viewing the original data.
However, if I try to create a new ABC project, it tells me key ABC is currently in use by project ABC-OLD. I viewed the project and could query by key ABCOLD. However, if I queried with ABC-1 (without OLD), it showed me ABCOLD-1.
The original project has types and schemes that are no longer valid, but the user is clear they want to keep the project name and key id for the new project, but built with different issue types and workflows. Since renaming the key didn't eliminate the original link, are there any other options? I thought about creating the "OLD" project and then having a bulk move of data, but it was a complicated project that would be ugly to re-create.
I'm open to any ideas! Thanks in advance.