I am part of a large organization. For budgetary and administrative reasons, my office has purchased licences on the Jira Server account of another office in our organization. We are using Jira Server 8.4.
In order to use Jira to the extent that my office originally intended, I would need to be a Jira Admin (though not a System Admin). However, that would give me the ability to see the content of a project that belongs to a third office, which is a problem.
I have read the documentation and community questions about federating instances, but still have some questions that I'm hoping someone has more information on:
1) Would federating solve our problem, which is that I need to be able to fully administer projects, users, schemes, etc. for my office while simultaneously not being able to see the content associated with other offices?
2) What is the level of effort associated with implementing federation? This documentation page gives a lot of information about reasons to federate and some of the features, but it doesn't provide information on how to do the initial setup.