Hi,
To begin with; should a fully operations team be doing 'Sprints'? Or this this just for Dev \ Dev-Ops or project team?
When would an ops team do sprints?
whats the benefits?
Should ops team be having stories?
Hi Kaizad,
In my experience, although sprints work well for dev teams, or for teams with development tasks, a kanban board fits better the flow of work for Ops teams. I've tried sprints for Ops /Devops teams sometimes because JIRA offers very interesting sprint reports that summarize what happened during that sprint. In my example I've defined 1 week sprints and named the sprints as the week (W1-TeamA, W2-TeamA, etc.) But that's a matter of preference. Also in my experience, Ops teams using JIRA use stories, but you can also use tasks or other custom issue types. I wouldn't spend much time (or any time) estimating or assigning points if the tasks are mainly support requests or issues that make your workload unpredictable anyway.
Carlos
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.