Documenter, so speak slowly and avoid big words.
I have an odd work environment, in that I have to use Flare, which runs in a VM running Windows, but I do much of my work in the Mac's terminal window with vim and other tools. Git clones and pushes are done in the Mac/unix environment but half the text changes are done in a Windows environment by a Windows program.
This leads to the occasional day when I have a diff show up where I can't see the difference and it takes me forever to realize that one version doesn't end in crlf and the other does. Or there are some Windows-style line endings because that chunk of text was done in Flare, but for whatever reason it's just those lines and not the whole file.
What controls the conversion of text files on their way to and from the repo? If I can understand that, I might be able to make something happen consistently so that diffs in case of a conflict are less obscure than they can be right now.
How does a non-administrator adjust this?
Where do I go to look this up, because my first two tactics (searching help and Googling) failed, presumably because I didn't use the search terms that someone thought were intuitive and obvious?
It is late in my day and I am tired and bitter, so forgive any venom or poor wording that has seeped into this question.