Hi,
I'm setting up the permissions and restrictions for our Confluence Cloud.
What needs to be done are:
- All registered users have access to Confluence Cloud. No access permitted for non-registered users.
- Users from group A can view all spaces but not permitted to add pages to the parent page of the spaces but retain ability to edit a particular page/pages and add children page(s).
- Users from group B can only view all pages within a particular space, not permitted to add new pages to the space, but can retain ability to edit a particular page and add children page(s).
What I had tried so far:
Scenario 1:
- Changed global settings to confluence-users to "can use" but removed others. It disabled users from creating new spaces, but it didn't resolve the adding pages to existing spaces.
- Set space A's permission for group A users to view all (admin retain all rights), confluence-users are removed. I also set space main page restrictions to "everyone has no access", "group A can view" and I (as the owner who created the space and pages) can view and edit.
- Set restrictions of the page (within the space A) to "everyone has no access", "group A can view", myself "can view and edit" AND reporter A who is in Group A "can view and edit".
Outcome of Scenario 1: I retained ability to view & edit, group A can view all pages but can't create new page. BUT, reporter A who is in Group A can't edit the page, despite given the right to "view and edit" on the page.
Scenario 2:
- Global permission settings same as scenario 1.
- Set space A's permission for group A users to view all, add pages, add comments, add attachments. Set main page restrictions similar to scenario 1.
- Set page restrictions same as scenario 1.
Outcome of Scenario 2: Reporter A can view and edit the page, AND is able to add pages to both the parent page of the space and sub-pages.
Ideally, I want users to be able to edit their designated page(s) and add children page(s) to it but disable the ability to add pages to the parent page.
Is there any trick & tip I could use to do that? Or I can't have best of both worlds actually?
Thanks a lot!