Hi, I'm writing a tool for creating JIRA issues via the REST API. I have a problem where the user that is configured for the tool is able to fully interact with it in one project but not in others. When I try to create an issue it fails if I try to set a reporter for the issue. As far as I could find it's a problem with access rights but I cannot figure out why it might be as the mentioned user has the same roles in both projects.
This one is successful:
curl -X POST -H "Authorization:Basic REDACTED_AUTH_TOKEN" -H "Content-Type:application/json; charset=UTF-8" -H "Content-Length:613" -H "Host:droidsonroids.atlassian.net" -H "Connection:Keep-Alive" -H "Accept-Encoding:gzip" -H "User-Agent:okhttp/4.3.0" -d '{"fields":{"project":{"key":"MSS"},"issuetype":{"id":"1"},"summary":"Bug summary","reporter":{"id":"5c53013439ca604edaa6cdef"},"description":"{panel:title=Application info}\nVersion name: 1.0\nVersion code: 1\nPackage name: io.mehow.squashit.sample\n{panel}\n\n{panel:title=Device info}\nManufacturer: Google\nModel: Android SDK built for x86\nSupported ABIs: [x86]\nResolution: 2028x1080\nDensity: 440dpi (xhdpi–xxhdpi)\nLocales: [en_US]\nLocal date: 2020-01-08T16:54:03.227+01:00\nTime zone: Central European Standard Time, Europe/Warsaw\n{panel}\n\n{panel:title=OS info}\nRelease: 10\nSDK: 29\n{panel}\n\n"}}' "https://droidsonroids.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/issue"
This one fails:
curl -X POST -H "Authorization:Basic REDACTED_AUTH_TOKEN" -H "Content-Type:application/json; charset=UTF-8" -H "Content-Length:612" -H "Host:droidsonroids.atlassian.net" -H "Connection:Keep-Alive" -H "Accept-Encoding:gzip" -H "User-Agent:okhttp/4.3.0" -d '{"fields":{"project":{"key":"MK"},"issuetype":{"id":"1"},"summary":"Bug summary","reporter":{"id":"5c53013439ca604edaa6cdef"},"description":"{panel:title=Application info}\nVersion name: 1.0\nVersion code: 1\nPackage name: io.mehow.squashit.sample\n{panel}\n\n{panel:title=Device info}\nManufacturer: Google\nModel: Android SDK built for x86\nSupported ABIs: [x86]\nResolution: 2028x1080\nDensity: 440dpi (xhdpi–xxhdpi)\nLocales: [en_US]\nLocal date: 2020-01-08T16:50:04.446+01:00\nTime zone: Central European Standard Time, Europe/Warsaw\n{panel}\n\n{panel:title=OS info}\nRelease: 10\nSDK: 29\n{panel}\n\n"}}' "https://droidsonroids.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/issue"
{"errorMessages":[],"errors":{"reporter":"Field 'reporter' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown."}}