As an administrator in a global company with a large user base, lots of projects and different JIRA license types (SD, Software) I need to keep track of the license count and the usage of licenses.
My wish: If one of my licensed users does not use the assigned license, I want to see it - to potentially take it away from the user to give the license to somebody else.
All my users can be at least in one of the following groups:
- JIRA Software User
- JIRA Service Desk Agent
- Jira Service Desk Customer
My problem is that the last logged in (last active) timestamp does not work for me as (as an example) an user could have created a ticket within a service desk project in a role as an (internal) customer - but never uses the software or core license she/he has been assigned for another project. --> That is what I want to see.
I can check some activity using JQL selecting issues (e.g. doing some pseudo counting) on an user by user level using something like
'status changed to (closed) by (user1)' or 'assignee was in (user1)'
but I cannot get that as an overview about all my licensed users. (And doing this for hundreds of users is a bit cumbersome)
So my question is: Does anybody of you know a good way to keep track of the activity of each licensed user per license type?
Best regards
Martin