I just posted this as a comment in the documentation but my team is having some major issues with the issue tracker recognizing commands from commits. See my comment from the docs below:
Perhaps I'm doing something weird with my commits but resolving issues via commit seems incredibly unreliable.
50% of the time, "close #" will function as intended but the other 50% it will just never close the item. Is there a time delay in how long it takes BB to register that I said to close the issue? If I open the commit, I can see the "close #" and can click on the issue number, but it will never close.
The same goes for the accepted terminology - it's been a guessing game lately. "close" works but "closes" didn't, "resolve" worked once, but "Resolving" didn't. I'm one that likes to tack these at the end of my explanation (ie, "Changed all widths of module content to 270px, resolving #34") so is the extra text or the fact that I have multi-line commits causing issues? I'm trying to integrate the Issue Tracker into our every day dev but these unknowns (what terms work vs don't, is it finicky, do line breaks matter) make it hard to dive in fully.
As an addendum, I use Tower for my Git - could this be a potential reason for the unreliability?
Essentially, am I doing something wrong or are others suffering from this as well?