Very new to JIRA Service desk and setting it all up. I am looking at having a process where a request is placed by a user -> an email is sent off for approval from theiur manager (AD field Manager) -> upon approval from manager the service desk team then action the request. Any help would be appreciated.
Hello Gordon,
The Herzum Approval add-on provides an opportune setting in order to notify the approver via email automatically.
You should just check the ARN box as per the example following:
image2016-7-13 11:47:20.png
I hope it helps.
Sincerely,Antonella
Hi Antonella,
I am also very new to JIRA and am keen to learn how to add email approvals to workflows.
I have installed the Herzum Approval add-on but was wondering how you get to the above screen (from your screen shot) to enable it? Also, how do you then add an approval email within the workflow?
Hi Danielle,In order to get to the screen above, please follow the steps below:
Please, have also a look to our customer support documentation.
Page https://chicago.herzum.com/confluence/display/HAP/Add+an+Approval+Mapping illustrates how to add a new Approval Mapping.
On checking the ARN box, the required approvers will be automatically notified via email when the issue moves in the workflow status requiring the approbation.
Prerequisites
Page https://chicago.herzum.com/confluence/display/HAP/Mail+System+Configuration illustrates how to set-up the Approval Mail Handler and the Outgoing and the Incoming mail servers.
Kind Regards
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.