Please can any one help on how to create a Structure based on Components which will be followed by Epics then user stories and subtask.
Do I need to use any JQL query for this , if yes what is that please guide.
Hi @Sourav Bhatta
Components are great for for structuring a project for two reasons in my opinion;
It really depends on the jira project itself and what you are using the project to create/solve.
Let me know your thoughts and we can discuss this further.
Thanks,
Danny
Hi @Danny , thanks for the reply, I am looking for hierarchy under JIRA Add In "Structure" which will have the Parent as Component and the Child as Epic followed by User stories and subtask.
Something like this :
Component>> EPIC>>User story>>Sub Task
When I create a the structure with component I cant see the Epics having the children in a hierarchical format rolling under it.
Hope I am able to explain my requirement.
Regards,
Sourav
Hi @Sourav Bhatta ,If I understood the use-case correctly, we should be able to achieve your goal by doing the following:
1. Populate the hierarchy top-level by inserting the epics first.
Automation > + > Insert > JQL/Text Query...
JQL Query example: project = xxx and issuetype = epic
2. Pull in the stories that belong to each epic by using the Stories under Epics extender.
Automation > + > Extend > Stories under Epics...
3. Use the Sub-Task extender to pull in the sub-tasks underneath the stories.
Automation > + > Extend > + > Sub-tasks...
4. Group by Components
Automation > + > Group > Components
Let me know if the above was helpful.
Cheers!
Mario[ALM Works]
Did this work for you Sourav? We have a similar need.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.