Hi, I just started using linkable headings. Copying and pasting work well but when I click the copied link it would not go to the exact heading but just the top of the containing page. What's wrong with it?
Hello Eszter,
Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to meet you!
I'm testing the Linkable Headings on my own instance, and I was able to get it to work each of the following ways:
For the last two methods, it did take a second or two longer to jump to the heading after loading the page, but I can confirm that they worked.
Could you let me know which method you are using to test the link? Is this on the same page or a separate page? Are both pages using the new Confluence editor?
Regards,
Shannon
Hi Shannon,
Thanks for your reply.
What I did was to insert a confluence page heading link into a Jira ticket. Both pages are open in a browser. Regardless of how long I waited, it didn’t seem to work.
Can you tell me the reason and/or solution for it?
Kind regards
Eszter Kard
Thank you for clarifying.
I'm testing this on my end. The Jira and Confluence sites are both on the same Cloud site. I add a link to a sub-heading on a page in Confluence (created with the new editor). When I click the link from within Jira, it directs to the desired page. However, it stays at the top of the page for a few seconds, until it later jumps to the desired heading.
Can you tell me, when you test this, if you wait for 5 seconds or more, does it jump to the desired heading? Is the Confluence page in the new editor, and the Jira ticket in the new or old view? Are both Jira and Confluence on the same Cloud site?
thank you for dealing with my issue.
Regarding your questions:
- I tried again to click the link and waited about 20 seconds but it didn't jump to the header
- both Jira and Confluence are in the same cloud site
- as far as I know, both are the "new" ones (I don't know exactly where to check this)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.