I want to allow some roles in project to have a read only access to role/Right Matrix
( https://myhost//plugins/servlet/project-config/MYPROJECT/roles )EDIT : I don't want to give read-only access to the project.(I already do that, I have an "Observer" role)I want to give read-only access to "who has what role in this project".Or more simply "who is admin of this project? Who is user? Who is developer? Who is …"
Permissions are controlled under project settings / permissions. Read only would be Browse and ensure the user isn’t in a role/group that has any edit function abilities.
Permissions are controlled under project settings / permissions
Yes, with an url like https://myhost/plugins/servlet/project-config/MYPROJECT/roles
I can access as admin but I want give an readonly access to THIS PAGE for members of MYPROJECT.Currently In found only how to provide an editor access.
In fact, the minimal version of my need is.How, as simple user member of a project, I can know found name of ADMINSITRATORS (not RESPONSABLE) of the current project.
Sorry i'm not following. I don't understand your URL or what "THIS PAGE" means where Jira is concerned. I thought you were asking how to provide read only access to Jira issues in a given project but it seems maybe you are looking for something else? Maybe this is associated w/ some addon??
It can be achieved with the help of your JIRA Administrator (Global permission) in 2 steps
1) Create a role called "Ready-Only"https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA052/Managing+Project+Roles#ManagingProjectRoles-Viewingprojectroles
2) Add this role in all permission schemes with : Browse Projects permission only
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA052/Managing+Project+Permissions#ManagingProjectPermissions-CreatingaPermissionScheme
ref: Adding Users, Groups or Roles to a Permission Scheme
Now, Any of the project Administrators can use this role for giving read-only access in the respective project,
sorry, I've edit my question to be more clear.I don't want to give read-only access to the project.(I already do that, I have an "Observer" role)I want to give read-only access to "who has what role in this project".Or more simply "who is admin of this project? Who is user? Who is developer? Who is …"
I don’t think, there is any way in JIRA to know this, as Users and Roles option comes under Administrator permission,
If you have 100s of people in a project ,this will become a maintenance nightmare in JIRA
If you are using Crowd (for User management) and Confluence ( for Collaboration), I can suggest a simple workaround
1) Create Crowd user Group for each role in a project
XYZ_PROJ1_Admins, XYZ_PROJ1_Devlopers ,XYZ_PROJ1_Observer etc
2) Add that respective groups in respective role of the JIRA project(s).
3) Create a Confluence page in public space which has read access to all & Insert ‘User List’ Macro to publish the members in all the groups in tabular format against project name/key.
Above steps are one time activity whenever new project is created.
Whenever required, you have to add/remove users via Crowd, not via JIRA
PROS: The data will be live based on the user directory sync interval.
Same group can be applied for multiple projects.. so that any new person joined/left, you do not need to go to every project and add/remove them one by one.
You can simply add/remove the respective group from the users in crowd in a single window.
Finnaly my Home made solution is an periodic export of SQL statement result on Jira DB.
SELECTcategorie.cname "Catégorie",projet.pkey "Code projet" ,projet.pname "Nom du projet",CASE WHEN upper(categorie.cname) Like 'Z -%' or upper(categorie.cname) Like 'Z-%' THEN 'Catégorie archivée'WHEN upper(projet.pname) Like 'Z -%' or upper(projet.pname) Like 'Z-%' THEN 'Projet archivé' ELSE 'Active'END as "Statut",role_user.name "Rôle de l'utilisateur",utilisateur.display_name "Nom de l'utilisateur",utilisateur.email_address "Email du membre",projet.lead "Responsable du projet"FROM jira8.project projetINNER JOIN jira8.projectroleactor pra_user ON pra_user.pid = projet.idAND pra_user.roletype = 'atlassian-user-role-actor'INNER JOIN jira8.cwd_user utilisateurON pra_user.roletypeparameter = utilisateur.user_nameLEFT JOIN JIRA8.projectrole role_userON pra_user.projectroleid = role_user.idINNER JOIN jira8.nodeassociation nodecat ON nodecat.sink_node_entity = 'ProjectCategory'AND nodecat.association_type = 'ProjectCategory'AND nodecat.source_node_id = projet.idINNER JOIN jira8.projectcategory categorie ON categorie.id = nodecat.sink_node_id WHERE utilisateur.active = 1
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.