Hi everyone. I have a JQL query and so I can easily get an appropriate count of JIRA issues, e.g. in the Search screen. Is there a way to get the count for the same query, but for a period like a month ago?
Regards,
Max
Hi maksya,
I would suggest using a board for that purpose (either a Kanban or a Scrum one), so that you can check its Cumulative Flow Diagram report, which shows the number of issues in each selected columns over time.
For said report to count with the tools you need, follow these steps:
You're all set-up!
After that, visit the board's Cumulative Flow Diagram report and:
And that's it! At this point you'd be able to track the number of unresolved problems over time.
Hope it helps.
Hi @maksya
What is the query for which you want to get older items? Having this will help the community members answer your question. Thanks!
Best regards,
Bill
Hi @maksya , perhapse you can use "createDate >= start time and createDate <= endTime" to get the count.
Hi @Bill Sheboy . Let it be even a simple JQL like:
project = PROJ and labels = problem and status not in (Resolved, Closed)
i.e. I can get the recent count of unresolved "problems" in the PROJ project, but I would like to get it for a moment a month ago, a week, etc. To build the trend of the counter.
Thanks,
Hi @Kin , thanks for your answer, but I'm not interested in the creation date attribute when counting. I want to count some specific query scope, i.e. historical numbers for the "size of scope" retrieved by the query.
Hi @maksya and thanks for clarifying.
There are some status history search features that may help. Maybe something like:
project = PROJAND labels = problemAND status CHANGED TO ClosedDURING ('yyyy/mm/dd', 'yyyy/mm/dd')
Please look here for more details:
https://www.atlassian.com/blog/jira-software/jql-the-most-flexible-way-to-search-jira-24
well.. historical operations like CHANGED are focused on some specific and limited fields, not my case..
Let me extend the example.
Say, I have executed my JQL (project = PROJ and labels = problem and status not in (Resolved, Closed)) in the search and got 10 issues on the 1st of Dec 2020.
The next day I have moved 2 issues from PROJ to JORP project. Now, on 2nd of Dec my JQL returns 8 issues.
The next day I added the label "problem" to 7 new issues from the PROJ. Now the result is 15 issues. It is on 3rd of Dec.
And finally on 4th of Dec I have transitioned to Closed 3 issues. Now just 12 issues.
So my ultimate goal in the case is to get the row: 10-8-15-12
Wow. You rock, @Ignacio Pulgar ! It solves my problem completely.
Thanks it helped me too !
Thanks a lot!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.