Hi!
I seem to be having trouble authenticating to my Bitbucket repo using App Passwords.
Here's what I did (following https://blog.bitbucket.org/2016/06/06/app-passwords-bitbucket-cloud/)
- Enabled 2-factor authentication
- Created a test repo with some dummy data
- Created an App Password, granted every permission possible
- Tried login via git command-line client:
git clone <span class="nolink">https://apppwd_user:apppwd_pass@bitbucket.org/tarmokuuse/testrepo0.git</span>
Login fails with the following message
Cloning into 'Testrepo0'...
remote: Invalid username or password. If you log in via a third party service you must ensure you have an account password set in your account profile.
fatal: Authentication failed for 'https://apppwd_user:apppwd_pass@bitbucket.org/tarmokuuse/Testrepo0.git/'
Can anyone point out what's wrong here? Regarding the hint about the account password, I am using the Atlassian account which has a password set. I don't believe it's possible to have it any other way...
FYI: I am, in fact, trying to enable submodules in my Bitbucket Pipelines, which seems to require such hacks to work: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/39445805. Login fails there in exactly the same way.