Hello everyone,
We are migrating our Jira Server to Jira Cloud.
We have something like 15 customers that can create issue on our Service Desk. They are all on the same project.
To create an issue, they avec to enter their customer's ID in a field, that retreive the right customer's complete name.
This field is an add-on, it's a SQL field, that match the ID with the complete name in another database I created.
Everything worked great, but now, we need to migrate, and I'm stuck with this part.
The migration went fine, and of course, as we were expecting, the field disapeared. And the AddOn isn't available on the market place (and it's normal).
Of course, we want to keep this solution, the customer needs to identify himself by his customer's ID.
We can't do a list with all the customers of course, they don't need to see each others.
So my question, is there a way to retreive a customer name, maybe with a hidden list, based on his email address?
For exemple, the customer will connect, and his customer's name will be automatically retreived. We don't want them to have to type their ID anymore.
The other solution that we see is to create one single project by customer, with one queue that regroup all of them, but it will be very long to put in place.
Thanks in advance, if you need more information, just tell me. I hope I'm clear.
Judikaël.