I need to migrate all the issues from a particular project into another project of different Jira instance. What is the best way to accomplish that. The migrated issues must have all the comments and attachments from the source instance.
Hi, there is a way to export and import issues in CSV.
If you go to the Issue search page, you can click on Export and select an export option,
You can start an import under External System Import.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/How-to-export-issues-as-a-csv-file/qaq-p/315695
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/importing-data-from-csv-776636762.html
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/importing-data-from-csv-861253680.html
But you can move full projects with Configuration Manager
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211611/configuration-manager-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview
Hi There - thanks for your response. When I attempt an export issue using CSV (Current Fields), the comments is not getting exported and there is no option to export attachments.
Export using CSV (All Fields) is generating a huge file since there are infinite number of custom fields in my source project.
I guess I need to use CSV (All Fields) export and then parse the file to pull the data that I'm interested in migrating to target system. Any thoughts?
I don't have experience with export-import on this level, all I can add is that you cannot export and import attachments, only their references, and the references have to point somewhere the target Jira can also access them. First you import all other parts of the issue with the attachment references, then the attachments themselves.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/import-attachments-from-csv-file/qaq-p/245071
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-import-attachments-using-the-CSV-importer/qaq-p/327051
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.