Hello Atlassian Community!
Question context:
I have a Jira Service Desk project that is going to be tested by a client soon. My task is to send email notifications to the client with email SUBJECT as following:
<client_symbol>client_issue_id<client_symbol> [other possible data and/or issue.key next]
Steps taken:
I have Admin/Developer/Service Desk Team roles attached to my account for this project. I have created other email account to test-simulate a Service Desk Customer. I used my admin account to invite my test customer using 'Customers'>'add customers'. Test account received an invite with link, finished registration, test user is visible and can add requests and receives notifications. Works as expected.
To customize notifications I used 'Project settings'>'Customer notifications'>'Edit templates'. I changed SUBJECT field to the following:
?This must be first? ${issue.summary} ${issue.key}
I used 'send me a test email' button. My admin/developer mailbox received a mail with SUBJECT:
*Test email* ?This must be first? Not enough traction in sand BB-8
It's standard test message with proper order. Works as expected. BB-8 and sand is because of star wars I guess.
But when I used my testCustomer account to submit a request, testCustomer mailbox received email with SUBJECT:
EXMPL-66 Issue Summary example text
following order as in: ${issue.key} ${issue.summary}. This is not what I set in Customer notifications>Edit templates. I would like to change the email SUBJECT Customers receive. The same happened when I enabled notifications for Issue status change.
Version: Cloud
Proper question:
Is it possible to edit what Service Desk Customer receives in notification email SUBJECT? Is it possible to give that email subject my order?
Before you ask 'Why would you like to edit the email subject? Can't your client deal with his custom id string in email message? Or can't he insert that id as issue.summary and deal with it being in subject at second place?'
Well maybe he can. But before I flatly refuse him I need to know if it's possible or not.
I am very new to this so please excuse me If I missed something or mixed tenses, I did research and it seems like it's not possible but I am not sure.
Please advise and good luck with your work!