In order to explain this question I provide you the specifications of the case:
Levels of issues:
Theme - Epic of Epic (This is defined to be used this way with an Issue Link field)
Epic - Normal usage by Jira
Story - Normal usage by Jira
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The issue comes as follows:
Lets say I have an Epic linked to a Theme by Issue Link field (Epic of Epic). When I created some new Story issues in Jira and tried to Epic link them to the expected Epic, the field only allows the option to find in the search field the Theme issue, not the Epic.
This behavior is expected or something is not working correctly? Why an Epic Link field is not able to find the current expected Epic and can find different one's? It's cause of the Theme Issue Link field?
I can provide screens if needed.
Thanks for your help. Looking forward to hearing from you.