Hello,I have 3 issues:Task,Bug,Story.I just want to project role A can only create Bug,role B can only create Story.How should I do?
You cannot limit permissions in such a manner as far as I am aware. The only workaround I can think of would be to have two different projects.
It's ugly, but you can put code into the "create issue" transition to block them.
If you have ScriptRunner you can do this: https://library.adaptavist.com/entity/restrict-creation-of-certain-issue-types-to-members-of-a-project-role but there are other ways to do the validator.
However, it really is ugly for the end-user. Imagine you gather together data for 10 fields, possibly quite long (Epics can deserve long stories), enter it all, and then get told "nope, you can't add this". You can still copy and paste stuff out, or change the issue type, but it's really annoying.
Sorry,I know your mean,but my leader think Epic is appropriate for PM and SE to create.And other issue like story and bug,all project number can create.So I have to limit it in Epic's workflow.
Thanks for your reply,i will try the script.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.