I'm trying to create multiple issues on transition using the Bob Swift Create on Transition post-function... I have it working with a static list of users, but I want to change it to create multiple issues based on a list of users in a Project Role. According to this page (https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CSOT/pages/36307066/Substitution+variables), I should be able to use the format of role_<role name> but I can't figure out how to get the format right because the name of the role is Product Manager. I figure the complication is coming from the space in the name, but I can't find anything in the documentation to suggest what should be done for those spaces. I've tried the following combinations to no avail:
Any tips on how to make this work??
@Bob Swift {Appfire}
Hi @Jordan Packer ,
We are from BobSwift support team.
Yes, role_<role name> is syntactically correct but while using the substitution variable, you need to specify %role_Product Manager% in the post function. Yes, it is a valid case to provide spaces to a role name, so create the role 'Product Manager' and then use %role_Product Manager% as shown in the below post function. With this, you can create multiple issues based on the list of users in a project role.
I hope it helps!!
Note: We have created a support request on behalf of you in our portal. Could you please try to access the support ticket: SUPPORT-3297 and signup to our portal for further discussion on this ticket.
Thanks, Raja
Of course, the one iteration I didn't try (and the most simple solution) is the one that works! I guess having the space in there just went against all my coding instincts so I never even tried it. Thanks so much for your help!
We are glad that the solution is working for you.
If you still need any assistance on this issue, you may signup to our portal and access the support ticket: Support-3297.
We are happy to help you!!
Thank you, Raja
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.