Hi there.
I need restore from a filesystem an old jira instance. And I lost the database backups, Is this possible?
Many thanks for your help. And sorry for my poor english
I'd say probably not - but it depends what database you were using, and if you have a backup of the database filesystem also? If you only have the Jira filesystem, and no database at all, then the answer is no.
Do you have any files from the Jira installation's "export" directory?
That's where the regular xml backups would be, assuming you have not disabled it (Strongly recommended for medium and large systems which should be done via database backsups)
If you have any export files in there, you should be able to restore from them.
Thanks a lot for you reply Pete. I will consider this for future cases
As Nic said below, check the export directory in your filesystem backup, you may have XML backups that Jira automatically creates (unless the backups were disabled). Then you can install a new Jira instance and restore from the XML backup.
Thank you very much Nic. I have an export file from last month so a I can make a restore from this, and I didn't lose too much info.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.