We're seeing problems with default avatars (instead of users' real avatars) sometimes being displayed on the kanban board as part of our Jira / Greenhopper eval.
As an example / with repeatable steps, if I'm not logged in (we have anonymous access enabled via the "anyone" permission), and go to a board, default avatars are displayed. If I do a hard refresh on my browser, the nothing changes (the default avatars are still shown). If I log in, I still see the default avatars, but now if I do a hard refresh, then the correct avatars show up. In all cases (logged in / not logged in / before / after cache refresh), the avatar URL remains the same (e.g. http://jira/secure/useravatar?ownerId=username&avatarId=10604). Other of our users have seen this problem sometimes also (and they're all usually logged in).
Per similar discussion threads, we've double checked our base URL, re-indexed, confirmed we're not using Gravatar, uploaded avatar pictures as jpg instead of png. The server's "application-data/jira/data/avatars" folder appears to have rwx permission for the server's jira user (and I can see the avatar files in the folder).
Any other suggestions? Thanks!