Could you please let me know
How can I automatically update a Confluence page using Shell script or PYTHON
Hi @Madhu
I'm using python with the confluence REST API. And I'm using the requests package for any request.
The following script just creates a new page. With this little script, you should be able to create a script, which updates some content with this PUT request.
newPageName = 'Atlassian Community'url = 'URL'user = 'user'password = 'pw'#-------------------------------------------------headers = {'X-Atlassian-Token': 'no-check','Content-Type': 'application/json'}auth=(user, password)spacekey = 'key'parentId = parentIdmypage = {"type":"page","title":""+newPageName+"","ancestors":[{"id":parentId}],"space":{"key":""+spacekey+""},"body":{"storage":{"value":"VALUE IN STORAGE FORMAT","representation":"storage"}}}post = requests.post(url+'/rest/api/content/', data=json.dumps(mypage), auth=auth, headers=headers, verify=False)
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Regards, Dominic
Will this new page added on parent page or in new location?
Could you please help.
InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised. See: https://urllib3.readthedocs.io/en/latest/advanced-usage.html#ssl-warningswarnings.warn(
This is the error which I am getting.
The new page will be added at the location, where you defined with "spacekey" and "parentID".
The parentId is the ID from the parent page, therefore, the created page is a child of that parent page.
I don't know how to solve the problem correctly with the SSL, but you can suppress this warning with:
urllib3.disable_warnings(urllib3.exceptions.InsecureRequestWarning)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.