Hi Jira Community,
we have setup a new instance of Jira Software for testing but seem to have issues with getting the newly acquired Starter License with it. Steps:
* Setup a complete new server to not interfere with our production environment
* Install Jira Software 8.5.1 (same as we have in production env)
* Export data from production env as XML and import that to testing env server
Now then testing instance uses the same license as the production instance which I would like to change because we have bought a new Starter License for this testing env instance which I see in my.atlassian.com but there is no license key there. When I click "View License" I am asked to enter a new Server ID. I followed the instructions here to manually set a new Server ID for our testing instance: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/change-the-server-id-for-an-instance-of-jira-server-285839562.html
But always get the error message "Invalid Server ID - Please try copying and pasting the Server ID directly from the product."
My guess is that simply creating my own Server ID as mentioned in the above link is not enough. How do I properly generate a new Server ID and register that with Atlassian??
Thanks in advance!
Fabian