I found this article, which almost explains what we want t do:
https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/creating-a-custom-release-notes-template-containing-release-comments/
However it tells how to replace the existing HTML and TXT templates with updated ones.
We really want to create a second (or more) set of templates, leaving the defaults alone. Each project in our hosted JIRA wants to do the release notes in a different way, so we need more than just the default choices.
Depending on your needs and time, you can create a plugin in java adding packages and dependencies or edit the html file, (keep in mind you need to restart jira unless you've set template cache false at velocity.properties.xml. )
You could edit the releasenotes template in velocity and make your own project *'vms depending on $versionObj.projectId.
Depending on the project you could parse different VM's
#parse("templates/jira/project/releasenotes...
I hope it helps you
Thanks! I'll try the #parse option.
Something like this, I assume?
#if($versionObj.projectId eq "MYPROJ")#parse("templates/jira/project/releasenotes/myproj-releasenotes-html.vm")#else#parse("templates/jira/project/releasenotes/releasenotes-html.vm")#end
I believe that if statement might be wrong.
You'll get used to velocity templates
http://people.apache.org/~henning/velocity/html/ch05s03.html
I hope it helps,
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.