A few weeks back I built a template that had a table and I was able to put an excerpt macro in one of the cells. I am trying to remake this template in another space and can no longer do it. It seems the editing features have changed. Is putting an Excerpt macro in a table as part of template still possible?
Hello there,
Happy to help. Can you let me know what happens when you try to add an excerpt macro into your table? I just tested it myself now in the new editor and I was able to.
If you have any screenshots of the problem, it will also help.
Regards,
Shannon
Here is a screenshot of what I was doing. I was using the new editing features in the CLOUD version.
Thank you for sharing that!
I apologize! I tested with the Excerpt Include macro but I should have tested with just the Excerpt macro. I can confirm that behavior.
The issue is related to the fact that you cannot embed a macro within another macro in the New Editor. A table is considered a Table Macro which is causing the issue.
There is a feature request for this below:
Please vote on the request in order to help us keep track of the number of users that this affects. You will automatically be added to the list of watchers and receive updates on this in the future.
Thank you for your understanding!
I am a bit perplexed by your last response. You state that we "cannot embed a macro within another macro in the New Editor." Yet you also state that you were able to insert an Excerpt Include macro inside a Table Macro. "I just tested it myself now in the new editor and I was able to."
Did you misstate something or were you truly able to add the Excerpt Include Macro in a Table macro. If so, why won't a Except macro work when an Excerpt Include does?
What other macros work/don't work in tables?
What other functionality has been removed within the new editor?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.