I have read a bunch of articles on notifications for request participants and I have been able to notify request participants when the reporter is a customer.
The problem my team is facing is that we regularly create tickets and then add a customer as a participant on that ticket. This article (1st paragraph) indicates that "They [request participants] can view, comment on, and receive notifications about the request":
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-desk-cloud/docs/what-are-request-participants/
Do I understand this correctly? Are custom notification workflows needed here?
Hello Mike,
Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!
When we add request participants on the ticket, they will be able to see the ticket and comment on it.
Request participants receive the same notification as customers and what triggers the notifications is the request type.
When a customer creates a ticket through the portal or email, the request type field is automatically filled, but if an agent creates a ticket using the + button in Jira, this field gets empty showing “No match”, it means that customers added to the project won’t receive notification and won’t be able to see the ticket in the portal.
Please, check on the tickets where the agent is the reporter and confirm if the request type is filled.
To prevent this issue from happening on future tickets, you can create an automation that will fill this field.
If you have any other question regarding this matter, please let us know.
Regards,Angélica
@Angélica Luz this is very helpful!
If this helps anyone else, we had "Task" set as the default Issue Type, which in our Service Desk does not have any relation to the Request Types which can be seen in the portal.
@Angélica Luz
I have a similar situation. There is a user who I added as a Participant but they are not getting the updates. Similar to the above the issue type was Task. I updated the issue type to match a Request Type from the portal. I then went to the permission helper and it still states the user does not have permission to receive notifications. Is the only work-around to them as a watcher?
Thanks,
Ben
Hello @Bentsion Berg,
Thank you for reaching out to the Atlassian Community!
It would be important to confirm if this person that you are adding as a participant receives other notifications, for example, if they create a ticket, do they receive notifications?
Is the participant a portal-only customer or an internal licensed user (for example, a Jira Software, Confluence user)?
Is the participant also a member of an organization the ticket was shared with?
Are they able to access the portal and view the ticket?
Kind regards,Angélica
Hi @Angélica Luz ,
Thanks for getting back to me!
To answer your questions:
1. The user does get other notifications
2. The user is a internally licensed user
3. We are not using organizations
4. Yes, they can see the ticket in the portal
Thank you for the details, @Bentsion Berg.
I tested it on my local site and it should work normally.
I added a licensed user to a Service project and test with this account being a Customer, Service desk team, and Administrator and adding as a participant on a ticket despite their role, the notification about being a participant was received.
Is it happening only on specific tickets?
What is the role of the participant in the project?
Are the notifications being delivered to other participants?
The role is "Service Desk Customer" and "Collaborator". However, I think I fixed it. It appears as the Default Notification Scheme did not include "Request Participants" to receive the notifications. I added them now. I had assumed that the "role" of "Participants" would be added by default to all notifications about a ticket.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.