I am testing something out in JIRA. I have an account with my company that I am a site admin for. I made another account which acts as my customer account so that I can see what a customer sees when I change certain settings or permissions. So I added my personal/customer account to a specific project through that project making me a portal customer. When I log in using my customer account I get into the customer portal but I cannot see the project that I am a customer for. I cannot create issues either. How do I get my customer account to be able to view issues and create issues through the customer portal as a portal customer? Do I have to give my portal customer account a service desk customer project role? Please help. Thanks.
Having portal access is half the battle you need to ensure that the customer is added as a customer in the desired project(s). Migrating a portal only JSD user to a Jira user results in them having application access which is a paid license.
Okay.
But let us say if I add a customer as a portal customer how can I get them to see their project and only their project?
Is it possible that these customers that were added to my agents project because a lot of these customer would email in trouble tickets using the email channel set up by my agent for his project? Therefore when these new customers send a trouble ticket via email channel JIRA automatically makes them a portal customer for that specific project? Is that correct?
Thanks.
Yes if you have Customer Permission set to “anyone can...”. Check project settings > Customer permissions.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.