Trying to add emoji's in the page title or body using the mac cntrl+command+space option to add it results in "??" when published.
It shows the emoji when previewing just not in published view.
Hi @Scotty Simpson
Confluence supports emojis, they are supposed to show just fine.
What Confluence version and what database do you use?
Thanks @Jiri Hronik
Just checked and we're on 6.15.6 (which I don't believe is the most recent)
No idea about database
Hi Scotty,We will need more information to answer you better.1. Browser2. The broken Emojis (Generally, UTF-8 encoded emojis shouldn't have issues, however it also depends on browser's UTF-8 charset support)3. Database being used in the background. 4. Is it an Emoticon or Emoji?Meanwhile can you please look at the following post for more info:Emoji's getting deleted after updating the page
Ah so I've discovered a few other things. Emojis are working on paragraph text but not in headings or page titles.
If you are an admin, you can check it in admin panel in system information under database tab.
I have a similar problem. Emoji's work in the body of the page but not in the title. I want them in the title so I can have fun page tree like this! https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence
Hey, I have solved the problem. Consider using common emoji sets that supported by confluence fonts and rendering is supported by browsers. Just copy and paste emojis from the pages provided. Here are lists I have checked for compatibility with conflience 6 : https://emojipedia.org/objects/ and https://bitbucket.org/gdwiy/bitbucket-emoji-list/wiki/Home?_ga=2.29565435.598122700.1574757159-477300901.1550910050
@Max Aster You are my hero right now!!!!! it worked! thank you thank you thank you!
Hi @Scotty Simpson ,
in case you switched to Confluence Cloud, we have just released Icons for Confluence, a library that consists of +500icons for Confluence Cloud with emojis too. If you wish to give it a try, there's a free trial period.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.