I am setting up Jira Boards and Jira Service Desk and I would like to have different fields required by issue type.
I understand how to do it on a Service Desk level as I can set up required fields that need to be entered whether it's for a bug or a story, however I'd like to have the same setup for when tickets are created directly through Jira.
If I mark these fields as required, then it sets them required for all tickets - but I would like a differentiation on issue type (Story vs Bugs).
Ideally this is how I would like it set up - whether it's through service desk or directly through Jira.
Bugs (for example) : Severity, Expected Result, Actual Result, Steps to Reproduce
Stories (for example): Impact
(These fields only exist for one issue type, ie stories should not have required actual result - in fact it shouldn't even appear)
Would really appreciate any advice and help for this!
Thanks