We are currently using Jira Service Desk as our IT service desk.
However, another department would like to use JSD to automate their agreements/contracts, which are currently paper forms. In this case, an agreement is basically a paper form that is something like this:
John Doe hereby agrees to do ABC and XYZ. Etc. etc.
Signed, John Doe
The agreement could be 3 or 4 pages in length, full of paragraphs and narrative.
Some issues that I could foresee:
- Where would I put the agreement verbiage? As far as I can see, JSD only has input controls (like textboxes and checkboxes). I guess I could make it automatically attach a document, but that would quickly fill the system up with generic documents.
- If the verbiage of the agreement changed, how would I know which version of the agreement that a user agreed to? For example, if a user agreed to something 5 years ago but the verbiage changed 20 times since then, which one of those did the user agree to?
- In any case, is there a way to ensure that the agents are not making changes to the agreements? I don't suspect this would be a problem, but you never know.