Hi,
I am new to JIRA Service Desk and have been doing a lot of research into the Atlassian documentation and community responses. I have about 40 Request Types - 10 are internal only, 20 are external only and 10 could be requested by both groups.
From my reading, it looks like the best solution is to create an internal service desk project and portal and external service desk project and portal and incorporate into the agent workflow that they need to use the special unassigned filter that crosses both projects when they are looking for what needs to be picked up to work on.
I have 3 questions based on this:
1. Does this setup work well for you?
2. One thing I didn't mention before is we have one email address used by both internal and external people. I can't setup the same email for both projects though or I will get duplicate tickets...any ideas on what to do? Just automatically create tickets for the external project and move tickets created based on an internal email to the internal project?
3. What about the request types that are accessible by both groups? Should they just be visible in the external portal and internal people have to make those requests from there?
Thanks for your help.
Lindsay