Is there the potential of having over 200 components to one Jira project?
I know that this is not ideal however I'd like to know if there is a set limit or does it allow you to add as many as you'd like?
Hi @Jeremy Price
There is no specific limit. You can add as many you want.
Hi Jeremy - Yes, it is pretty much unlimited. But the Components are unique to each project, so if you want to use them universally, you have to create that same Component on every project - even if you create a project based on another existing one.
What you really need to do first is develop a policy for how you are using components and why. And see if there are alternatives to creating so many components. Maybe even creating a custom field with some drop down options.
Hi @Jeremy Price ,
while I'm not aware of any limit, one small advice would definitely be to make use of the archiving functionality as your list grows and if there are components that aren't in active use anymore.
CheersThorsten
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.