We are currently starting to use Confluence.
I uploaded a .xlsx file to confluence that contains a kind of "solution diary" for common problems that was used for documentation problems before.
Confluence should be able to search its contents and show the document in the search-results searching text that is in the file, however, it does not.
When converting the file to .xls before uploading to confluence it works fine.
I tried resetting the index (the "soft" variant via admin panel first and when it didn't change the search results I shut down confluence, deleted the recommended folders index and journal, restarted confluence and rebuilt the index. Still, .xlsx is not being searched in.
Excel 2007 content extractor app is enabled, I did not fiddle around with that.
Any suggestions?
EDIT:
Additional information:
When adding the exact same XLSX file to a cloud-hosted confluence server (we still have one left from evaluation), indexation works as expected and search delivers the file as result for search terms that appear in the file.