I have a request from one team of Service Desk agents to send an in-app notification to the assignee of a ticket on the due date.
I'm our Jira admin, and am familiar with setting up automation rules in Service Desk, so I thought I might be able to use the Alert User action in a new rule.
I'm running into two issues with that, though, and hoping that someone will have an idea of how to accomplish this.
First, the Alert User requires you to choose a specific user; using the Assignee isn't an option.
Second, there's no trigger that relies on a date field.
I've suggesting using an email filter subscription, customized with currentUser() so that each user is notified each day of their own approaching due dates, but they are dead set on using the in-app notifications.
Any ideas? We do have ScriptRunner, so I thought of using an escalation service, but I'm not sure there's a way to force an in-app notification. I know that the REST API allows you to force an email notification, but as I said, that's unacceptable to this particular team.