I can no longer use the "Check out in Sourcetree" buttons on Bitbucket Cloud to check out branches of my repository via Sourcetree. Attempting to do so causes Sourcetree to say that I don't have any SSH keys set up in Pageant and would I like to do so.
I recently set up an SSH key on my Bitbucket account to get credentials for a build pipeline. I don't want to use SSH as my primary login method because I would need to transport that private key to all the computers I develop on, which I'd rather not do, but I do need SSH enabled for some specific use cases where I need a passwordless login.
I cannot find any way to force Bitbucket to default to HTTPS. The best I seem to be able to do is to get an HTTPS URL for cloning a repository, but this doesn't work if I've created a new branch (ex. via Jira) and wish to check out that branch via Sourcetree. I've looked through all the Sourcetree and Bitbucket Cloud settings that made sense and have read several similar questions here on Atlassian Support (originally I was getting "This is not a valid source path" errors before upgrading Sourcetree to v3.2.6), all to no avail.
I'm running Sourcetree for Windows v3.2.6, and our repos are stored in Bitbucket Cloud. `git remote -v` on the affected repository shows https URLs for fetch and push, and Sourcetree is still set up with https URLs. Aside from upgrading to 3.2.6 from 3.1.x, I have not made any changes to my local repository/working copy or Sourcetree configuration.