I changed the port based on this article https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver074/changing-jira-application-tcp-ports-881684079.html. I updated the server.xml file. I can access Jira while I'm remoted into the server, but can't access it from another computer on the same network. Netstat shows that the new port is listening. Windows Firewall is disabled and no ports appear to be blocked.
Hi Jason Saunders
To discard any connectivity issue the easy way is to use telnet to see if you can connect to the new port. Please launch the same command from the server itself and from the machine that is not able to connect.
Supposing the new port is 8080 and your application is deployed in jira.mycompany.com
* You can enable telnet on windows machines following this article
In case you can connect using telnet from the server itself but not from the machine, please review:
See Changing Jira application TCP ports article for further information.
Regards
Thanks for the response. I think I am connecting successfully both. I get a blinking cursor. Could this just be an browser issue?
Yes if the connection fails youy get an error. So a blinking cursor is an OKCould you check if your reverse proxy is redireccting the traffic correctly to the new port?Please share with us an image with the error you are getting to better determine where the problem is.Regards
Thanks for the responses. Our network specialist resolved the issue.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.