error message:
```
01-Oct-2019 19:11:25.110 SEVERE [Catalina-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.beforeStart Unable to create directory for deployment: [/opt/atlassian/jira/conf/Catalina/localhost]
@steve_pole
Best
Fadoua
Well, it‘s the official Atlassian Docker container, so OS is some Linux, presumably some Ubuntu.
I didn‘t download any software, I just built a container image.
Aha, because I installed Docker on MacOS, then ran the container. Jira is up and running without any issues.
yeah, same here - everything worked fine on the MacBook, but failed on the Linux server.
The problem is / was related to JIRA not being able to create the `"${JIRA_INSTALL}/conf/Catalina"` folder when starting up due to that folder having `root` permissions and JIRA running as `jira` at that stage.
Seems like the new version of the Dockerfile (released 21 hours ago) fixed that.
Catalina.start should print something out to say “Confluence is Started” or something like that. I believe Jira says something like “Jira is ready to serve”. Something like that would be good for Confluence as well. The last log of Catalina.start isn’t very helpful to know that it is running.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.