Please explain the differences between all of these terms. Be very details and specific. I want to know what each one has the right to do when accessing JIRA service desk. Thank you.
User - the simplest entity. One user account
Groups - user groups. Simply "folders" or bundles of users in a group. Accessed via user management
Customers - users who will have access to Service Desk Portal. This is accessed as a Project Role
Organizations - one organization is supposed to represent a group of customers, such as a company. Think of it as special groups. Whenever a user in the organization creates a new request, the user can keep the request private, or share it with one of the organizations he/she is part of. In this way all users from the organization can access each other's requests.
Teams - are you referring to teams used in Portfolio for Jira? let me know if this is the case
Are there permission schemes for teams and organizations?
I don't really understand your question. Could you provide further details?
For example, when I go to permission schemes and click one of them, there are a whole list of actions a user can do, such as create issues, do bulk changes, add attachments, etc. And for each of these actions you can put down which group or user you want to give the ability to do some of these actions. So I want to know if I can give some of these permissions to specific teams and organizations? Thanks.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.