We've just upgraded to JIRA Server 8.4 and are looking to add the current assignee to the header of each batch email for issue updates.
I've been following the steps written in the link below, but am unsure as to what code I need to add to the Velocity templates to show the current assignee. Assignee is a standard field so the custom field instructions seem inappropriate for me.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/adding-custom-fields-to-emails-batched-notifications-968669988.html
Have you tried $issue.assignee.displayName?
Any update to this question?
I need to add several OOTB fields to the batch template as well.
I can only find Custom Fields, no OOTB fields.
That seems to be impossible as of now.
Look here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Customize-Jira-8-bulk-email-access-issue-data/qaq-p/1241419
That points to this JIRASERVER-feature-request:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-70206?_ga=2.138810224.215278259.1590728526-1050152012.1590728526
In the meantime, one option is to use a third party app like Notification Assistant for Jira (we make this).
Could you please provide any hints what can be found under header variable? I was not able to find any doc with such an information.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.